Loudoun Soccer will be holding open tryouts for rising U12 Girls on May 31, June, 2, and June 3. Tryouts run from 6pm to 8pm and players are encouraged to attend all three tryout sessions.
The current field schedule is:
U12 Girls May 31 Legacy Large
(born 8/1/95 – 7/31/96) June 2 Evergreen Mills
June 3 Simpson #2
Please check the Loudoun Soccer website (http://www.loudounsoccer.com/LSC/index_E.html) throughout the week as the schedule is subject to change. A little food for thought:
- We anticipate a fairly large group for tryouts, so arrive at the field no later than 5:45 to register. The players will be given numbered pinnies, which they’ll be expected to return at the end of each session.
- Loudoun Soccer tryouts are open to anyone in the age group. To help the coaches remain as objective as possible, players are not to wear articles of clothing that identify them with a current travel team. No uniform jerseys, shorts, socks, practice jerseys, or warmups. Also players should not bring their “travel bags” – they should just bring a ball and water.
- The more we see the players, but better we can do at placing them appropriately, so please attend all three tryouts. If a player is injured or there’s some kind of vacation conflict, please let one of the coaches or volunteers know during the sign-in process.
- All current players are required to attend tryouts, as all rosters spots on each team are open for competition. Players on current teams may be placed on a higher or lower team based on their ability and performance at tryouts.
- We anticipate the addition of a D team to the age group, coached by Peter Walther. The addition of a 4th team is contingent upon the number of suitable players we see trying out.
- Due to Loudoun Soccer policy, we are unable to make player notifications until immediately after our last ODSL game, which is currently scheduled for June 10. (This policy is new since last year.) If this causes a hardship for someone based on vacation plans, etc. please contact your coach to make other arrangements.
Coach Ed & Jeff